The brand Puerta de Las Villas is part of the Andalusian Cooperative Society San Vicente de Mogón in Jaén, which was founded in 1966 by some 100 members, pioneers in cooperative work.
For several years now, the Governing Board of our Cooperative, formed exclusively by the cooperative's farmer members, has been firmly committed to the pursuit of excellence in the production of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
We want our Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) to have the best possible quality in order to achieve greater recognition of our brand on the national and international market.
OVER 1000 FARMER MEMBERS
professionals who live exclusively off the land. We all love rural life and the environment in which we live.
Here are just some of the reasons why Puerta de Las Villas Olive Oil is different to other brands and why you should try our EVOO:
- Our Cooperative is formed by over 1000 members, all farmers and professionals who live exclusively off the land. We all love rural life and the environment in which we live.
- Our olive groves are integrated into the natural environment, in perfect harmony with the Mediterranean Forest of Sierra de Las Villas.
- We exclusively cultivate the Picual olive variety. The olives used to produce our EVOO belong exclusively to our members and to our environment.
- Our clear dedication to quality is reflected by the fact that more than 85% of the total production at our olive mill is Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- EVOO is the only olive oil in all of our packaged products.
- Our Extra Virgin Olive Oil is Eco-Certified and produced under the Integrated Production system.
- Our environment, the Sierra de Las Villas Natural Park (Biosphere reserve), is located between the Aguascebas and Guadalquivir rivers, and it boasts unique climatic and soil conditions providing our EVOO with its special organoleptic characteristics.
Our Extra Virgin Olive Oil is Eco-Certified and produced under the Integrated Production system.
- In recent years we have received several international awards for quality, endorsing our position as one of the best EVOO produced by a Cooperative.
- We have the IFS and BRC quality certifications, and our olive oils are Eco-Certified and produced under the Integrated Production system. We strive for EXCELLENCE in our olive oils and in the services offered to our members.
Our olive oil is our pride. By buying our EVOO you will contribute directly to the social and economic development of the rural region of Mogón, in Jaén (Andalusia, Spain), thus placing value on the work of our farmers.